Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Patients Helping Patients

As a legal Medical Marijuana (MMJ) patient and a granny, I can’t just pack a bowl of medicine and light up anywhere I am when I need to. Having a love for baking and doing so for roughly forty years, using cannabis in baking and cooking made total sense to me. I can medicate without anyone knowing I’m doing so. My quest had begun.

Now you might think there are hundreds of online tried and true (TNT) recipes using cannabis but after many, many, hours of searching I decided Californian’s have a better chance of getting raided by the DEA than finding a good selection of recipes. What I did find was the same recipes with various names on web sites all across the world. I discovered there are many MMJ patients and caregivers also looking for great TNT recipes with taste, potency and variety being the top factors they seek.

For my contribution to the Serve America Act recently signed by President Obama, and with the help of the patients collective I am a part of, I volunteer my time to find, create, make and rate sweet as well as savory MMJ recipes. The collective donates the trash; I provide everything else then donate the finished product to the collective. Much to my dismay I’ve discovered I’m one of the unfortunates that canna-edibles have little or no effect so other patients with various illnesses rate the product on potency, along with taste and appearance.

Along with using canna budder and tincture I'll also be using canna milk. Many bake good recipes call for milk more than butter and much to my surprise not too many people are making or using canna milk. Not only is canna milk easier to make than budder, it’s more potent and your body absorbs it faster. It also freezes well and has a multitude of uses that will be featured in future writings.

Keep in mind, whether you use canna milk, budder or tincture the potency depends on the strain of cannabis and on the person so be safe and start with the minimum serving size until you know how it affects you, which can take thirty minutes to one hour.

Enjoy, be safe and be well!

Mrs. Budderworth

No comments:

Post a Comment